Saturday, December 19, 2009

Thrift Store Finds




I took a quick side trip to the Salvation Army while out and about yesterday.  I was tickled to find this super cool canning jar.  It is called Le Parfait and is made in France (imagine something not made in China!!).  It is a nice heavy jar and is quite large.  It is .75 liter which I think is just over a pint. Maybe 2 1/2 to 3 cups.  I looked online and found that 1) I got a great deal!  and 2) I want more of these jars!

I picked up Country Living Handmade Country: Old-Fashioned Crafts and Timeless Keepsakes, a nice big coffee table style book with pretty pictures.  I love these kinds of books but they are usually out of my budget.  This one was only $1.49!  I was so excited because I looked at some Country Living books at Half Price Books and the cheapest was $10.


I can't wait to go back when I have a little more pocket money.  I am on a quest for 100% wool sweaters any color, any condition.  I found some at a yard sale but The Man accidently threw them away!!!  They were in a trash bag in the car.  I plan to use them to make felted hot pads and coasters.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Backwoods Home

Backwoods Home Magazine - practical ideas for self-reliant living

BBQ

BBQ
a glimpse of things to come