Saturday, December 19, 2009

Knitty Christmas


I love love love these knitted or crocheted wash cloths.  I use them in the kitchen all the time.  I am making them for gifts this year and giving them with a bar of my homemade soap.

They are easy to knit.  I use size 8 knitting needles.  Here's how to do it.

Waffle Knit Wash Cloth
Use 100% cotton yarn.  I like Sugar and Cream Yarn because it comes in so many pretty colors.

Directions:

Cast on 38 stitches.
Knit 3 rows for border.
Row 1: (right side): Knit.
Row 2: K 3, purl to last 3 stitches, k 3.
Row 3: K 3, (P 2, k 1) 10 times, p 2, k 3.
Row 4: K 3, (K 2, p 1) 10 times, k 5.
Repeat Row 1-4 approximately 12 times or until you reach the size you like.  Knit 4 rows for your border and bind off as usual.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Backwoods Home

Backwoods Home Magazine - practical ideas for self-reliant living

BBQ

BBQ
a glimpse of things to come