Thursday, May 28, 2009

Country Skillet Bake with Dumplings


I used to sell seasoning mixes from a popular direct sales company. They were super convenient and always tasty but not as thrifty as I would like and they still contained ingredients that I would rather not feed my family. I try to follow the rule that if I can't pronounce it and it didn't grow, walk, swim or fly I don't feed it to my family! Most of the convenience foods out there start with a base of chicken or beef flavored bouillon or base. I have tried over the years to find them without MSG or some form of MSG but to no avail. So that left me with trying to make my own mixes. I have experimented and used my family as guinea pigs and think I have finally come up with some basic mixes that are free of hydrogenated oils, preservatives, MSG in it's many forms, anti-caking agents, modified food starches and other unpronounceable ingredients. Friends and family all agree that they are super yummy! And not only that, these mixes are healthy! One of my mixes is Good Day Roast seasoning mix. I used it to make this Country Skillet Bake with Dumplings. It was a hit and the only complaint I heard from the family is "That's all you made??? Next time you need to make double!"

This recipe uses my Good Day Roast mix, Multi-Mix and Bake-it-Better mix. All the mixes have unlimited possibilities!

Just send me an email if you would like the recipe or more info on the mixes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Backwoods Home

Backwoods Home Magazine - practical ideas for self-reliant living

BBQ

BBQ
a glimpse of things to come